Dock & Grove Policy
The Sunbury Social Club (SSC) has approximately 48 boat docking sites and a double wide ramp for launching. Please contact Steve "Skippy" Cvejkus, Dock & Grove Committee Chair, with any questions at 717-648-4953.
- Return picnic tables to their original locations.
- Consider other grove users. Boisterous, immoral, or indecent conduct will not be tolerated.
- No open fire building allowed. Only contained fires of a charcoal or gas grill nature are permitted.
- Charcoal embers should be disposed of in the SSC barbecue pit.
- Trash, garbage, and all other litter shall be placed in containers provided for this purpose and shall be limited to litter accumulated during the use of the grove.
- Dumping on SSC property is prohibited.
- No vehicles are allowed in the grove itself.
- Parking in and around the launch area is restricted to vehicle launching vessels. Vehicles not accompanied by a trailer must park in areas above or beside the Club building.
- Overnight camping, or pitching of tents is prohibited on SSC property.
- Swimming in or around SSC waterfront is prohibited.
- Members wishing to launch their vessels by utilizing the SSC launch facilities are required to purchase a Launch Permit.
- Launch Permits are $25.00 per annual boating season. Obtaining a launch permit requires providing the following information: Boat Owner's Name, Address, Phone #, Boat Insurance policy #, copy of the Boat and Boat Trailer Registration, Boat Manufacturer, Boat Name, Length, Color, and type. Such permits may be obtained through Steve "Skippy" Cvejkus, Dock and Grove Committee Chair, at 717-648-4953.
- Members will receive two nontransferable permit stickers. One sticker must be visibly affixed to the left side of the vessel windshield or forward left front deck of a pontoon boat. The second sticker is to be placed on the left of the neck or tongue of the vessel trailer.
- A Launch Permit includes member use of the Club Dock.
- The SSC waterfront is located in a river wide “no wake” area.
- Members wishing to rent a dock space along SSC property and utilize the launch facilities are required to purchase a Dock Permit.
- A dock permit includes member launching.
- Dock space permits shall be $400.00 per annual boating season. Obtaining a dock permit requires providing the following information: Boat Owner's Name, Address, Phone #, Boat Insurance policy #, copy of the Boat and Boat Trailer Registration, Boat Manufacturer, Boat Name, Length, Color, and type. Such permits may be obtained through Steve "Skippy" Cvejkus, Dock and Grove Committee Chair, at 717-648-4953.
- Members will receive two nontransferable permit stickers. One sticker must be visibly affixed to the left side of the vessel windshield, or forward left front deck of a pontoon boat. The second sticker is to be placed on the left of the neck or tongue of the vessel trailer.
- All dock spaces will be assigned by the Dock and Grove Committee. The Dock and Grove Committee Chairman must be contacted in advance and be present when docks or pontoon type vessels are placed.
- Dock size shall not exceed 4 foot in width and must not extend into the river posing difficulties to other boaters to maneuver into their respective slips, or obstruct the no-wake area.
- Dock placement is governed by slip # . All dock placement shall be centered between low odd # and high even # . Example ( Slip #1, Dock, Slip #2, Slip #3, Dock, Slip #4)
- All dockage is subject to inspection by members of the Dock and Grove Committee for safety. Any dock deemed unsafe must be brought up to standards within a reasonable amount of time, or be removed.
- Absolutely no permanent dock construction is allowed. There will be no drilling or permanent fastenings on the wall. Devices which are used to help secure moored vessels or docks, ie.: stakes, pins, ropes, etc., and encroach or extend onto the bank shall not pose a safety hazard or impair regular maintenance of Club property. Rearranging of rip rap is prohibited.
- Members are responsible for the maintenance of the bank in front of their respective dock or vessel mooring, during the period of occupancy. Grass shall be kept cut and debris policed.
- All vessels and dockage must be removed on or before the final Lake Augusta drain down. This includes all steps, walkways, stakes pins, etc., used in securing member boats or docks. Position markers placed by the Dock and Grove Committee shall not be removed or disturbed.
- Dockage can be stored in a neat and orderly fashion on the Northeast corner of the Club grove with prior arrangements through the SSC Dock and Grove Committee.
- Any dockage stored, unattended, or unused for one year will automatically become the property of the SSC.
- Dock permit renewal notifications will be sent out in April. Fees must be collected no later than May 1st. Delinquent members will have their docking privileges revoked.
- A waiting list for available dock space shall be maintained by the Dock and Grove Committee.
- Members desiring to be placed on the dock space waiting list must contact the Dock and Grove Committee Chairman, Steve "Skippy" Cvejkus at 717-648-4953.
- The SSC water front is located in a river wide “no wake” area.
- All boat slips must be occupied by water craft registered in name of the boat owner, who shall be a SSC member. Only boats registered by the SSC may be docked at assigned docks.
- The SSC officers, employees, and members are not responsible for personal property loss, damage or injury incurred on the premises.
- Launch Service docks maintained by the SSC at the launch ramp are to be used for launch purposes only. Absolutely no mooring will be allowed, anytime.
- Use of the Club Dock (designated by the sign located at the end of the dock) is solely for water craft displaying SSC Launch / Club Dock permits.
- One hour time limit is placed on use of the SSC Club Dock.
- No overnight mooring shall be allowed on the SSC Club Dock.
- All SSC members should help to enforce these rules.
- Any grievance relative to the Dock and Grove operations will be aired through the Dock and Grove Committee.
- Failure to comply with aforementioned policies, and infraction thereof could result in loss of privileges or subsequent SSC suspension with loss of fees.